Message to media: We will be providing daily flood updates this spring as new information becomes available. New information will be in bold. We will continue to update Facebook and Twitter throughout the day.
BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) has issued the following flood updates:
- Water on the edge of the roadway on ND 20 at mile marker 114, north of Devils Lake. Flaggers and lane closures will no longer be implemented.
- Water is off the road at the NB truck lane at the Pembina I-29 border crossing.
The following areas/roadways are closed in North Dakota due to flooding:
- ND 18 north of Neche
- I-29 southbound on-ramp at mile marker 164
- ND 5 at Joliette to the Red River
MnDOT has closed the following roadways in Minnesota which may impact North Dakota drivers.
- MN 317, which is across the river from ND 17 east of Grafton
- MN 220, which is the north/south roadway adjacent to the Red River which goes from Oslo, MN (ND 54) to south of Robin, MN
- MN 175, which is across the river from ND 5 at Joliette
- MN 1 is closed in both directions, across the river from ND 54 near Poland
- MN 75 is closed in both directions, across the river from Pembina
The following state highways remain open but are affected by floodwaters:
- Water on the edge of the roadway on ND 20 at mile marker 114, north of Devils Lake.
- Water near the edge of I-29 northbound lanes from mile point 160-161, near the ND 54-Oslo Exit. Speeds are reduced to 45 mph and motorists should use caution.
- Interstate 29 exit 164 northbound off-ramp, approximately 20 miles north of Grand Forks. There may be water on the road. Reduce speed and use caution.
The NDDOT encourages motorists to check road conditions before traveling due to rapidly changing conditions. Fluctuating water levels make it difficult to predict when and where water will go over the roadway.
For road information, call 511 or visit the ND Roads app or travel.dot.nd.gov.
The road report is based upon the information available to NDDOT at the time of preparation and is provided solely as a public service. Conditions may vary from those reported.