A construction project will begin today, Monday, April 20, on the I-94 Business Loop from I-94 (exit 59) to 8th Street.
Construction will include:
- Construction of a shared use path along the east side of the roadway from 8th Street to the Interchange
- Construction of a pedestrian bridge alongside the overpass to the east, connecting the path to the north side of the interchange
- Pedestrian ramps, drainage improvement and paving at the intersection Fairway St. and I-94 Business loop
- Traffic speeds will be reduced to 65 mph on I-94
- Flaggers will be onsite to direct traffic as needed
- Single lane and shoulder closures near the Business Loop Interchange
The project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2020.
The NDDOT would like to remind motorists to slow down, follow traffic control signage and use caution throughout the work zone. For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/.