The North Dakota Department of Transportation has temporarily closed the Driver License office in Watford City today. The office is located at the McKenzie County Public Library and is open on the first and third Wednesday each month. The library requested the Driver License office be closed today.
A list of other driver license office locations can be found on the North Dakota Department of Transportation’s website at www.dot.nd.gov.
The NDDOT would like to remind motorists there are many driver license items that can be done online and your license will be mailed to you so you don’t need to visit the office.
Driver License items you can do online:
- Renew a driver license for operating a standard vehicle or motorcycle online, if over 21 and under the age of 65 and you don’t want a REAL ID.
- Change your address on your driver license.
- Replace a lost, stolen or damaged ND license.
- Replace a vertical driver license after you are 21 to a horizontal driver license.
- Schedule an appointment to get a REAL ID. Online renewal is not applicable when obtaining a REAL ID.
- Schedule a driving test.
- Schedule an appointment to renew a ND license, permit, or ID card.
For more information about driver license services, please visit our website at www.dot.nd.gov or call our toll-free number 1-855-NDROADS (637-6237).