Applications for an estimated $10.5 million in federal aid for the public transportation (transit) program in North Dakota are currently being accepted by the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT). The 5311 CFDA No. 20.509, 5310 CDFA No. 20.513 and 5339 CDFA No. 20.526 funds are provided by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and administered by the NDDOT. The NDDOT may adjust the awarded amounts to qualifying public transit operators when the FTA 2020 apportionment is available.
All public transit operators and providers are encouraged to apply. Individuals are not eligible for these funds. All new transit operators applying for funding should review the NDDOT Transit Grant Application Guidelines.
All applications for FTA funding will be administered through NDDOT’s BlackCat Grants Software. To review the application guidelines and apply, please go to http://www.dot.nd.gov/divisions/localgov/transit.htm
For more information, contact Becky Hanson at email@example.com (701) 328-2542, or mail to: North Dakota Department of Transportation, Local Government Division, 608 East Boulevard Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58505-0700
Applications from Urban Transit Providers need to coordinate their submittals through their representative Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
- For Grand Forks MPO, contact Teri Kouba, firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 746-2660, deadline to submit Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm CDT.
- For Fargo/Moorhead COG, contract Cindy Gray, email@example.com or (701) 532-5103, deadline to submit Friday, March 27, 2020 at 12:00 pm CDT.
- For Bis-Man MPO, contract Kim Riepl, firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 355-1844, deadline to submit Monday, March 30, 2020 at 12:00 pm CDT.
All applications will be accepted from Rural Transit Providers and MPOs until Friday, May 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm CDT.
The NDDOT will consider every request for reasonable accommodation to provide:
- accommodation for people with disabilities
- language interpretation for people with limited English proficiency (LEP)
- translations of written material necessary to access NDDOT programs and informationAppropriate provisions will be considered when the NDDOT is notified at least 15 days prior to the date application is due.
- To request accommodations, contact Paula Messmer, Civil Rights Division, NDDOT, at (701) 328-2978 or email@example.com. TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888. Additionally, the Request for Reasonable Accommodations form (SFN 60135) can be accessed at the following NDDOT website location: http://www.dot.nd.gov/forms/sfn60135.pdf