Print Friendly Version
Construction begins Thursday, June 1 on the I-94 Business Route in Valley City. The project consists of mill and overlay along with work on the traffic signal system.
Work will take place separately on the following three segments of the I-94 Business Loop through Valley City:
- West segment is from 3rd St. SW to 5th Ave. SW.
- Middle segment is from 2nd Ave. SE to 5th Ave. NE.
- East segment is from the Rainbow Bridge to the east city limits.
- Traffic through the work zone will not be greatly affected for most of the project, except during milling operations.
- During milling operations, traffic may be temporarily reduced to a single lane controlled with pilot car and flaggers. This is anticipated to last approximately 3-4 days per segment.
- Pedestrians will be temporarily detoured during the portion of work from 2nd Ave. SE to 5th Ave. NE.
The project is expected to be complete this fall.
For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at https://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info/