Print Friendly Version
Pedestrian traffic on the east side of ND Hwy 20 in Devils Lake will be closed from 6th St. NW to 3rd St. NW. Pedestrians will be detoured to the west side of ND Hwy. 20 as construction continues on the first phase of ND Hwy 20 in Devils Lake.
The first phase of construction consists of replacing the BNSF railroad bridge over ND 20 in Devils Lake.
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions in place consisting of:
- ND Highway 20 will be reduced to two lanes from ND Highway 19 to 6th Street NE while a temporary railroad bridge is constructed.
- Northbound truck traffic should use the US Highway 2 and ND Highway 20 intersection to turn north onto ND 20 due to width restrictions in the construction project area on the ND 19 and ND 20 intersection.
- A width restriction of 10 feet is in place
- Speeds reduced to 25 mph
- Some work will occur at night
- Pedestrian traffic will be closed on the east side of Hwy 20 from 6th St. NW to 3rd St. NW. Pedestrians will be detoured to the west side of Hwy 20.
The Devils Lake Underpass Project has many phases that will require numerous changes to traffic and pedestrian flow patterns. Motorists should reduce speeds, follow signs and know that traffic control will frequently change throughout the duration of the project.
For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/