Print Friendly Version
Construction will begin May 30 on several overhead bridges along I-29 near Grand Forks.
The bridges under construction include:
- University Avenue Bridge over I-29 in Grand Forks at exit 140
- Manvel Interchange Bridge over I-29 at exit 152
- Pulaski Interchange Bridge over I-29 at exit 171
Construction includes bridge deck overlays along with guardrail work.
- Speeds will be reduced
- A width restriction of 12 feet will be in place on the University Ave. Bridge and Pulaski Interchange Bridge. The Manvel Interchange Bridge will have a 14 feet width restriction
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane on the bridges and controlled with temporary signals
- Traffic on I-29 will be temporarily reduced to one lane under the bridges while work is taking place
The project is expected to be complete this fall.
For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/.