Chip seal work will be taking place starting on Monday, July 22 on several locations in north central North Dakota. The contractor will move from one location to the next with each location taking 1-4 days to complete the chip seal work. Work will take place in this order at the following locations:
- US 52 from Minot to Sawyer
- US 2 between Granville and Towner on the west bound lanes
- US 52 from Kenmare north to the east Jct of ND 5
- ND 5 from the west Jct of ND 28 east through Mohall
- East Jct of US 83 and ND 5, south of Westhope, and work east on ND 5 to the Jct of ND 14 north of Kramer
- US 52 between Harvey and Fessenden
During construction motorists can expect:
- 2 lane roadways will have flaggers and pilot car
- 4 lane roadways will have a lane closure in place
- Speeds will be reduced
- A width of 14 feet will be in place
- Brief delays may be experienced
- Oil and rock will be present
All projects are expected to be completed at the end of August.
The NDDOT would like to remind motorists to slow down, follow traffic control signage and use caution throughout the work zone. For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/.