EligibilityTo be eligible for the Transportation Alternatives Program, the proposed enhancement activity must relate to surface transportation. For clarification on the eligibility of your project contact:
Local Government Division
North Dakota Department of Transportation
Phone: (701) 328 4787
FAX: (701) 328-0310
Email: Local Government
Project Selection Criteria
For project selection, the following are examples of the criteria that will be used:
- Benefit to the community, region and/or state
- Benefits provided to the existing transportation system
- Does the project provide a high impact or benefit as compared to the other projects?
- Is the proposed project the appropriate solution for the identified problem, need or opportunity?
- Has the applicant demonstrated support of other local governmental agencies and/or nonprofit organizations, and/or the general public?
- Urgency - Is the project part of another project?
- Is the project part of an identified plan?
- Does the project benefit a large segment of the population or a "transportation disadvantaged" segment such as children, elderly, low income, or disabled?
- Use of a Youth Conservation Service or Job Corps in project construction.
- Potential of proposal to reduce child injuries and fatalities - addresses safety concerns
- Potential of proposal to create a safer walking and bicycling environment
- Potential of proposal to encourage walking and bicycling for non-drivers, including children, older adults, and individuals with disabilities
- Reduces traffic, fuel consumption, and air pollution in the vicinity of schools
- Identification of current and potential safe walking and bicycling routes to schools
|Back to main TAP page|