Motor Vehicle Smart Restart
Motor vehicle services such as license plates and titling can be done by mailing in paperwork. Vehicle renewals can be done online, at a self-service kiosk or by mail. The NDDOT is waiving Motor Vehicle kiosk fees for renewing your vehicle until the emergency declaration has ended. Kiosks are located at:
As a reminder, driver’s licenses and motor vehicle tabs that were due for renewal March 1 or after are valid and don’t need to be renewed at this time, per our executive order that waived expiration dates until the end of this emergency.
NDDOT is following ND Smart Restart guidelines to ensure we are safely serving our customers.
- Prioritized services are provided only through appointments made by phone ahead of time. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Please have all of your titling or vehicle documents available when calling to schedule your appointment so that our office can provide proper instructions. This will help to assist you in having all of the required forms and completed paperwork when you arrive for your appointment.
- Schedule an appointment by calling toll free 1-855-633-6835.
Motor Vehicle services offered at this time by appointment only include:
- Vehicle Title work - all types of titles
- Truck weight changes
- Large trucks 2290 required
Motor Vehicle Online Services
North Dakota Health Hotline
- Open 8 am - 10 pm (CDT)