The Material Source Approval process relates to the cultural and environmental review of aggregate, borrow, and riprap source locations including support activities.
This does not include testing of materials. If you are looking for material testing information, go to Materials and Research.
- Phone: 701-328-2731
- Email: Material Source Section
Material Source Certificate of Approval (COA) Information and Application
There are various requirements and procedures for obtaining and maintaining material source approval. If you are seeking a Material Source Certificate of Approval (COA):
- Material Source Certificates of Approval
- Threatened and Endangered Species
Request Site Approval
If your site doesn't have a valid Certificate of Approval (COA) and/or hasn't been issued a COA within the past three years you must submit a new request. Complete the following steps to submit a new request.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction
- 107.05 Environmental Protection and Cultural Resource Preservation Responsibilities
- Quick Maps (html)
- Quick Maps allows the user to create downloadable maps in different file formats for use in reports and design documents. The restricted county haul roads are included as a GIS layer.
- Quick Maps Instructions