A geographic information system (GIS) allows the user to visualize spatial relationships between different datasets and interact with that data in order to make better informed decisions.
- Right of Way Plats/Corner Recordation (Requires Microsoft's free Silverlight Plug-in)
- Access electronic versions of the right-of-ways plats and corner recordation. Sections of land that have DOT right-of-way plats tied to them are highlighted in green. Townships that have the corner recordation information tied to them and are highlighted in pink. Use the identify button and "selection toggle" to view the plats and recordations contained in the system.
- Access Control Map
- Map showing Access Control on State Highways.
- Map Locator (Requires Microsoft's free Silverlight Plug-in)
- Access electronic versions of county and city basemaps, county and city functional clas maps, urban functional class, traffic count maps, and statewide maps (ND Tourism map and ND Route and Mileage map).
- Traffic Information and Counts
- Access DOT traffic count and current traffic information.
- Quick Maps (Requires Microsoft's free Silverlight Plug-in)
- Quick Maps allows the user to create downloadable maps in different file formats for use in reports and design documents. The restricted county haul roads are included as a GIS layer.
- Quick Maps Instructions
- Web Services
- Information on NDDOT specific web services.
- North Dakota GIS Web Site
- Extract GIS data from North Dakota GIS Hub
- Download GIS data from state GIS Hub.
- Download NDDOT County Project Files for ArcMap (exe)
- Download the executable and follow the instructions in dialog box.
- Travel Information Map
- Interactive road map to help you access road conditions, load restrictions, work zones (road construction), road & weather cameras, width/height restrictions and weather radar all in one map.
Go to our Maps Page to access paper maps and online maps. Included is the ability to request a "FREE" North Dakota Tourism Highway Map, purchase maps, and access County, State, and Urban maps.